ACHA Executive Director Mike Walley Resigns

This just released by the ACHA:

ACHA - Executive Director Release 080617.pdf (43.1 KB)

I met Mike on a few occasions and had a few long conversations on the phone.
Although I don’t know the circumstances, his departure is unfortunate. He seemed to have worked very hard to grow the ACHA and the game of hockey. He also seemed to have accomplished a great deal over the past few years. What I liked most about him was that he was honest about what needed to be changed. Hope he is on to a great new opportunity and the ACHA is able to restructure with equal or even better leadership. Change always creates the opportunity to improve a team.

He will be missed. He was a great leader and was planning on great things for the ACHA. The board made a big mistake.

1 Like

I liked his engagement with schmucks like us; definitely unusual for the ACHA. Not gonna pass judgement on the change because, given how fast a replacement was lined up, I suspect there’s more to the story that we don’t know.

Mike was forced out because his vision for the ACHA was too radical and threatened the good ole boys network.

Basically force out the guy rocking the boat and hire someone who will serve the interest of the people who made this happen.

If only I could share what I know !