Atlanctic scores?

Great thread boys, nice to see a relevant discussion. Here’s my two cents:

BA-I am surprised they are keeping Burke on the bench for the NCAA team. I mentioned to Baah in a previous thread. He’s done a terrific job at the D3 club level as a recruiter. He’s a good coach for sure, but he’s always had a significant skill advantage in his back pocket. That disappears in the NCAA.
BA- Their ACHA club hockey days are over. This has always been the focus of their AD since he took over. They aren’t focusing any significant energies or attention to any hockey other than their NCAA program. Certainly not funding 60 (30 NCaa/30 Elite club) players educations out of their 300ish student body.

Conferences- Disatnce/Dollars would prevent a 4-5 hour league game/games. If you think that dollars and cents don’t play a big factor in league affiliation you’re kidding yourself… That alone will keep teams in a travel window. That being said , Fries is right you won’t advance if you stay in your backyard. Regardless of Conference in the Atlantic, the teams that want to get ranked and advance …travel.
Conferences #2- Conference power is cyclical. DVCHC is in a weird place right now. 2 teams shutting down to regroup -didn’t see that coming. I’d expect that will right itself. Wasn’t too long ago Empire only had 3 viable programs (Farm-Fairfield, Southern)when UA went belly up and Maritime was disbanded(but saved) and before Quinnipac. Thats righted itself. CHE based on game reporting seems kind of flat this year. I’ll agree with Fries again…3 thru 10 has lots of candidates , fun to see how the games play out.

I think the biggest question will be what happens to the 10 or so kids who don’t make the NCAA team. I’ thinking they’re gonna have a club team for next week as well as NCAA and evaluate after the year. There’s no way BA doesn’t provide their players who helped build the program a chance to still compete in the ACHA

BA has 41 goals for, every single goal has a primary and secondary assist. Not one unassisted goal all season? Or one primary assist? Damn

The rumor I keep hearing is that Burke is bringing in 30 guys. If that’s the case they will have a club team since you can’t roster 50-60 players. I guess if the little school could sell club d3 what’s to say they can’t sell legit college hockey now?

One thing if the little school does the us club folk what will we talk about next? They have dominate the discussions board for the last 4-5 years.

More like giving away club D3. Whatever the hell they did to kids to go to a school less than 300 students, without a campus life and a curfew, good for them but it still and will never add up.

As far as the actual team is concerned, I truly think the sky is the limit with whatever resources they’re able to use.

The big talk will be about the re-alignment of conferences. I’m being told Rowan is a serious candidate to join the Empire Conference in 2017-2018.

I see many peoples concerns and discussion on Bryn Athen. I definitely don’t agree with what they are doing as a DIII Club hockey program, pulling kids in with promises and getting them scholarships to the school just to play hockey. However, why is that a focus? Lets focus on the 2-10 spots. Everyone says Farmingdale is an easy second place auto bid, I see them falling off that spot.Not sure who will take it but there has already been upsets to the start of the season. Its early but first rankings are coming up. What does everyone think the lineup will be as of now?

What’s your prediction ?

I’m having trouble basing much off of the beginning of the season. I can tell you the top 5, after that it looks like a free for all.

1. BA
  2. Farmingdale
  3. Fairfield (although they lost to QU, they had a lot of PIMS)
  4. Cal U
  5. SCSU

Rowan, UPJ, U Albany, George Mason, QU, WVU, RMU, UNCW. A lot of these teams have some talent and ability to make these spots. It’s going to be an interesting season.

UNCW is in the South

Farmingdale pulls the upset this weekend of the little school. The little boys can’t play on the island they always choke. There’s no more 6 or 84 to help them. The rams will knock them off and over take 1.

Are Both teams healthy? Looks like both teams have guys missing games ? Regardless, Should be a great game, BA generally provides live game feed which will be nice to check out this weekend.

I watched BA they are quick but their defense are slow. They do not have the scoring punches they years past. They are more of a gritty team now. The goalie I watch play was at best average. They looked extremely sloppy passing the puck. Anyone seen Farmingdale? Their PP is okay nothing special and I think Farmingdale has more fire power.

Farmingdale 5
Little boys 2

Good luck in the NCAA. You boys can’t be the log island boys.

1. BA

2-12
Farmingdale
Rowan
CAL
Fairfield
SCSU
Albany
Quinnipiac
WVU
Fredonia
UPJ
GMU

There are 11 teams that will be playing for 1 auto-bid and 8 regional spots. I think Albany is now considered the sleeper of the region. They used to have a killer team out there and they have CLOUT within the region. I see them making a formidable comeback within ACHA and I’m hoping to see it. I see Quinnipiac as the odd man out, they already have good wins but don’t play enough teams in the Atlantic yet. Look out for them in the future though. RMU is in a rut for sure this year. I know they played CAL tight but they got blown out by George Mason, I think they are gonna be on the outside this year looking in. Speaking of GMU, I like what they’re doing down there. Just wait until they can get some USPHL and EHL players from down south, I think they’re going places.

AD- Farmingdale’s D isn’t setting the world on fire either. BA 5 Farm 3

Rider was without their first line due to injuries. Even with them I don’t believe Rider would have won. BA is a good team.

http://myhockeyrankings.com/rank.php?y=2016&a=6&v=931

Atlantic computer rankings were updated today.

My hockey rankings aren’t worth even going to, Farmingdale the alleged #1 blown out by BA tonight 8-1 in their own building.

Was anyone at the BA/Farmingdale game? What happened?

Is BA that good/is Farmingdale not as strong this year/goalie not show up/ refs play apart? this opens up a ton of possibilities for the two spot.