Atlantic Results/predictions

No chatter at all on this site. Farmingdale the obvious number 1. Leaves three spots open. Have to figure Fairfield, Quinnipiac, George Mason. Two teams that could surprise are Delaware and Fordham. Big game tonight between George Mason and Delaware. Delaware lost in overtime to Mason last year, should give Mason all they can handle tonight.

Just looking at the early results and a few other teams should be mentioned. Ramapo, Stony Brook are among the ones with strong starts.

I think both teams you mentioned would fall into the next two spots behind Delaware and Fordham. Ramapo just crushed a Rowan team last night 10-2 Rowan got decimated by graduation. Definite rebuild year for that young team. Stony Brook came back from 3-0 down to beat Delaware 4-3 but just got annihalated by Farmingdale 13-2 last night

It’s so hard to judge teams this early. I wouldn’t judge any outcomes against Farmingdale, I think they are the anomaly right now, but there have been a few games of interest that give some point of reference. Stony Brook beating Delaware, who just tied Mason is one. I’m curious to see how the Ramapo and Delaware game goes. There’s a great deal of parity this year, which is good for the region.

My “Way Too Early” computer rankings are as follows, keep in mind, this is what my formula pumped out, not what I think. I fully expect Fairfield and Quinnipiac to move up, but they just don’t have enough games played to be ranked correctly yet.

1. Ramapo
  2. Farmingdale
  3. Rowan
  4. GMU
  5. Delaware
  6. Fordham
  7. Fairfield
  8. Quinnipiac
  9. Stony Brook
  10. Salisbury

Thought I’d go ahead and share my updated formula here. I’d take Denison being so high with a grain of salt since they’ve only played Cleveland St. twice, etc. For my formula, I can only take games between D-III Atlantic teams, to involve games against other regions would be way too time consuming for me. Enjoy!

1 - Farmingdale
2 - Ramapo
3 - Rowan
4 - Delaware
5 - Coast Guard
6 - GMU
7 - Denison
8 - Stockton
9 - Fordham
10 - Fairfield
11 - Salisbury
12 - Mass Maritime