D3 national tournament winner?

M3 Nationals 2017 POOL A
1 Southern Connecticut State (A3)
2 Florida Gulf Coast University (S1)
3 Marquette University (P2)
4 Adrian College (N4)

This pool will be set the first day with FGCU / Adrian. I have fgcu pull out of this pool. They have a juggernaut offensive and a great goalie. Marquette is the 0-3 team.

M3 Nationals 2017 POOL B
1 Bryn Athyn College (A1)
2 University of Georgia (S3)
3 Missouri State University (P4)
4 Oakland University (N2)

Great pool I have Oakland getting out but they will get out by not even having to beat the big bad fake NCAA school Bryn Athyn. Bryn Athyn will choke yet again I have them going 1-2 and only beat MSU. They will get outplayed by UGA. They don’t even belong on the ice as Oakland. Oakland will win this pool pretty easy but the Georgia game will be their hardest out.

M3 Nationals 2017 POOL C
1 Farmingdale State College (A2)
2 Colorado State University (P3
3 University of South Florida (S4)
4 Calvin College (N1)

Easy pool only issue is that Calvin will get beat up by CSU and Farmingdale so they will limp into Friday.

M3 Nationals 2017 POOL D
1 Fairfield University (A4)
2 University of Tampa (S2)
3 Iowa State University (P1)
4 Aquinas College (N3)

This is my sleeper. They have a high octane offensive and a great d core. Great system and can flat out fly. This pool will be settled when Iowa and Aquinas play. Iowa wins that game in Ot.

Semi-finals
Iowa/Oakland
Calvin/FGCU

Finals:
Iowa/ Calvin

Iowa wins in a shocker.

A Adrian
B Oakland
C Calvin
D Aquinas

Oakland over Aquinas
Calvin over Adrian
Calvin over Oakland

Calvin College National Champions

A: FGCU
B: BA
C: Calvin
D: Iowa State

Semi:
BA/Iowa State
Calvin/ FGCU

Finals:
BA/Calvin

National Champions: Calvin

M3 Nationals 2017 POOL A
1 Southern Connecticut State (A3) (0-3)
2 Florida Gulf Coast University (S1) (2-1)
3 Marquette University (P2) (1-2) (1-2)
4 Adrian College (N4) (3-0)
Adrian and the MCHC squads just reign supreme again this year. FGCU will crack under pressure again, as they did last year

M3 Nationals 2017 POOL B
1 Bryn Athyn College (A1) (1-2)
2 University of Georgia (S3) (2-1)
3 Missouri State University (P4) (0-3)
4 Oakland University (N2) (3-0)
This comes down to Oakland and Georgia, BAC will take the southerners lightly and lose. Oaklands top group just too strong for UGA

M3 Nationals 2017 POOL C
1 Farmingdale State College (A2) (1-2)
2 Colorado State University (P3) (1_2)
3 University of South Florida (S4) (1-2)
4 Calvin College (N1) (3-0)
There is Calvin, and then the others are there for some recreational fun

1 Fairfield University (A4) (1-2)
2 University of Tampa (S2) (1-2)
3 Iowa State University (P1) (2-1)
4 Aquinas College (N3) (2-1)
Iowa State is just as nasty as Aquinas, both go 2-1, ISU to beat Aquinas, ISU has issues on longer weekends, someone will catch them sleeping

Semi-finals
Iowa/Oakland (6-4)
Calvin/Adrian (4-3 OT)
Finals:
Oakland/ Calvin (5-4 OT)
Calvin dethrones Oakland in an overtime thriller

M3 Nationals 2017 POOL A
4 Adrian College (N4)

FGC comes out from this pool, best game is Day 1 vs. Adrian.

M3 Nationals 2017 POOL B

Georgia is going to come out hard against Oakland on Day 1, watch out for the huge upset. Oakland is not as dominating as what they were last year, but still top 4 in the Country. BA not overlooking anyone, they take the pool and become the “party crashers.”

M3 Nationals 2017 POOL C
4 Calvin College (N1)

Calvin will have a war against Farmingdale, goes into OT. Calvin comes out beaten and battered.

M3 Nationals 2017 POOL D
4 Aquinas College (N3)

Iowa State comes out of this one, huge game against Aquinas.

Semi-finals
BA vs. Iowa State
Calvin vs. FGC

Championship
BA vs. Calvin
BA in an OT thriller, finally an Atlantic Team taking the cup.

Oakland again, Calvin lost two key players at the half way mark.

1 Like

M3 Nationals 2017 POOL A
4 Adrian College (N4)

I think if FGCU comes out strong and plays their fast paced game against Adrian, they will beat them and knock off SCSU and Marquette. FGCU comes out of this one

M3 Nationals 2017 POOL B

Going to have to go with BA in this bracket. Oakland isn’t as strong this year - yes they do have a few good players - but BA will beat them and come out of this pool.

M3 Nationals 2017 POOL C
4 Calvin College (N1)

Calvin will sweep this bracket no problem. Only real game they will get is against Farmingdale. Calvin has already demolished USF 9-1 earlier this season. Only thing Calvin has to worry about is keeping their guys healthy and well rested for later in the tourny.

M3 Nationals 2017 POOL D
4 Aquinas College (N3)

I like Iowa coming out of this bracket. I believe this will be the most challenging bracket. University of Tampa good team in the south but will fall to the stronger teams in this bracket and get exposed. Aquinas will give Iowa a run for their money. These will be exciting games.

Semi’s
BA vs Iowa (Iowa wins by 2)
Calvin vs FGCU (FGCU pulls a 1 goal win with great goaltending)

Championship
Iowa State vs FGCU

Champions- Iowa State

Iowa won’t come out, they play very few tough games compared to Aquinas, despite Aquinas loosing two very good players at break they come out.

Calvin comes out
OU comes out
FGCU comes out
OU beats Aquinas/ FGCU beats Calvin
OU again!

1 Like

@Topshelf reasoning behind OU, FGCU, CALVIN coming out?

Who wins Pool A and why?

Answer:
Adrian.

Reasons:

• Because they’ve won three in the last five years and anyone who wants to bet against the North is clearly in denial.
  • FGCU was highly touted last year and they lost to a 4 seed CMU team that had never been to the tournament.
  • Five of the last five winners have been north teams, and four of the last five runner-ups have been from the north.
  • Adrian picked up two guys from their D1 team at break, and unless you live under a rock, their D1 team isn’t bad either.

History tells us that Adrian comes out of Pool A.
That being said, good luck to FGCU, they run a fantastic program top to bottom and day 1 will be an awesome game.

1 Like

Well said. You make some great points. I think Adrian has the height and physicality where FGCU plays with a ton of speed. Should be a great game for sure. Since when did Adrian pic up D1 players?

Adrian picked up their D1 guys at the start of the semester, and they have definitely made them a better team

Haven’t seen them play since last year but just checked their roster… Big team! This FGCU vs Adrian game is gonna be a good one. Interesting to see if Adrian will try and be physical to slow down FGCU. FGCU has some bigger guys though as well. This game could go both ways.

I see Adrian taking a ton of penalties if that’s the case, let’s hope the officials understand they are at nationals and make the proper calls. It Would be a shame to be filled with penalties all tournament.

Already trying to blame the refs before the game starts. The proper call is to blow the whistle when there is a penalty. Play the game correct and it won’t happen.

Blame the ref? Let’s not be a clown, you know exactly what I’m tAlking about, no one will want to travel to Ohio to play a special teams game .

If you don’t want to play a special teams game then follow the rules. It’s quite simple. I think buy getting a view that you appear to not like and then calling someone a clown for it helps to prove the don’t already blame the refs point to be at least somewhat valid. “Let’s hope the officials understand they are at nationals and make the proper calls” That is implying one of two things, either you feel the refs should follow a different rule book because it’s nationals or that you are already blaming the refs.

Now, I will say I agree that no one wants to see special teams play for most of the game. But please agree with me that if a team averages x number of penalties a game you should expect that same number. If they are getting higher level officials then they normally get than that could change the play. Teams will be able to recognize this within ten minutes and then have 50 minutes to adjust their play accordingly.

@GrayRider what makes you say you see them getting a ton of penalties?

You are taking what I’m saying way to serious and to another level. Yes, I do think nationals penalties are to be evaluated on a different level, the same way refs mysteriously can’t seem to find the whistle in overtime, which I don’t blame them at all. Are you going to Argue that doesn’t happen either.

If Adrian is as big as people are saying and Florida is as small and fast, it’s not unreasonable to say, based on many games iv seen over the years, that could be Trouble when it comes to the sin bin.

Everyone calm down, I’m sure it will be ok, it’s hockey