D3 national tournament winner?

Agreed. I will say that I have always said if something is or is not a penalty at 10:00 of period 1 then it should be the same call or non call throughout the entire game. Just be consistent so the coaches and players somewhat know what to expect.

Any thoughts from anyone so far in the tourny? not much chatter

Hey Atlantic Demon, nice pick with Oakland, haha, it was them that didnā€™t deserve to be on the ice with Bryn Athyn, see ya!

CALVIN v FGCU

BA v AQUINAS

Who do you guys got???

Bryn Athyn vs Calvin

BA vs Calvinā€¦ I thought you were supposed to get better with timeā€¦ not the case with the Go Live streaming #amatuerhour

Goodbye little school best wish to you and your future endeavors. You have made the Atlantic proud! I was never a fan of you guys but you have a talented group. The Atlantic just lost a great team. Hopefully, we have another quick rising team to help fill the void left by the Little School.

Nobody in the Atlantic will rise like Bryn Athyn because nobody has ā€œuniversity grantsā€ or whatever the hell they are called, which are handed out to really good hockey players, and then they are made feel like they are getting a scholarship to play hockey. Which they are, but nobody calls is that because that is illegal. All good Pittsburgh area ACHA D3 teams fight for players against 10 ACHA D1 teams. Farmingdale, Rowan, Cal, Fairfield, SCSU, Quinnipiac (maybe), is what the Atlantic will offer next year. None of those schools offer bonus money to play hockey. I heard UPJ has about 12-14 new guys coming so Iā€™d expect them to rebound well from their horrible year.
I also think Calvin and Aquinas, both teams in the Finals, have similar ā€œuniversity grantsā€ for hockey players.
If you were to watch the top 10 teams at ACHA D3 Nationals and teams ranked 15-25 at ACHA D1, you wouldnā€™t notice much of a difference at all. That speaks very highly for the D3 teams.

National Championship Game features two varsity (fully funded) programs who are leaving next year for NAIA D1.

3 out 4 final teams were fully funded and teams that are leaving. I still think itā€™s unfair ball game at this level.

Just to clarify Lucky; Calvin is moving to ACHA D1 although they will still be fielding a D3 program. Aquinas is moving to the newly created NAIA division next year.

Semanticsā€¦ Calvin and Bryn Athyn still have unlimited financial resources and a ā€œBank Tubeā€ styled recruiting system with Canada and Aquinas is of the same ilk, except they have arguably the best player in the league (USPHL).

Best player in the USPHL who?

"Unlimited financial resourcesā€¦"
Please find me one college athletic program with the possible exception of some top level NCAA D1 football programs that has ā€œunlimited financial resourcesā€.

ā€œFully fundedā€ doesnā€™t mean blank check. It means they have a budget from the school. And to be fair here, many of these fully funded programs are at schools that cost 2-3 times more than the schools that arenā€™t funding their hockey program. At the end of the day, the student athlete is paying one way of the other.
EX. Tuition at University of Georgia - $11,634 (In-state)
Tuition at Adrian College - $32,800 (In-state)

Furthermore in that example, UGAā€™s enrollment, 36,000. Why are they even at the D3 level?There is a bylaw in place that should be preventing this large of a school at D3.