Anyone able to clarify what the tie-breaker rules were that allowed Hope to jump Arkansas in group D? Standings pages shows both with 4 points and the Tie-Breaker rules listed on the website list head-to-head as first tie breaker. So if Arkansas beat Hope, why didn’t they advance?
In the event of ties in records in tournament competition, the higher standings will be determined by the following:
- Head to head competition
- Number of wins
- Fewest goals against in all tournament games
- Goal differential in all tournament games.
- Fewest penalty minutes.
- Most periods won in Pool play, determined by plus minus in goals.
- Quickest goal recorded on score sheet in Pool play.
- Single Coin flip by the Commissioner.